Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Its the greatest adventure...

Some notebooks for the second wave of Paperback Adventure (formerly the Traveling Tablets) are ready to travel the world, places to go, people to meet.

I am hand-binding this current batch to save money, because I can make a large number of unique books with $20 worth of supplies, which would get me few store-bought notebooks. Last night, I made four of various quality in just a small amount of time. They ended up just as I wanted.



I cleaned up the instructions, but each one has a different wording, a new draft for every fresh notebook. I am pretty much using scrap paper and cardboard, with a simple, but durable, gorilla glue binding. I am now using my typewriter for all of the lettering and words in an effort to make these look as artsy and hip as possible.

A logo is the one thing missing. I am in the process of designing a small little mark that each adventuring notebook will feature. It will be small and simple but recognizable, i hope.

Visit the stand alone blog for the Paperback Adventures and check it out.

Anyone interested in donating anything to help this project of mine blossom, shoot me an email and let me know. Paper, glue, funds to enable me to make a book press would all be greatly appreciated.

Keep your socks dry readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment